Thank you for your interest in a position with the International Wolf Center. We seek to employ individuals interested in furthering our mission. Full and part-time positions will be posted on this page and it is recommended that you submit your resume as they become available.
The International Wolf Center offers two wolf education internships throughout the year. Typically internships are offered during the summer months and academic school year, although timing may change depending on programming needs. A degree in environmental education or related field, or prior teaching experience is preferred for the position.
To learn more about these positions, visit this page.
The International Wolf Center is hiring for a Membership Engagement Specialist position, which will be located in Ely, Minnesota.
Title: Membership Engagement Specialist
FLSA: Full-Time, Exempt position
Department: Development/Ely Operations
Reports To: Director of Communications and Engagement
Location: Ely, Minnesota
Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000
The International Wolf Center (IWC) is an educational organization that works to advance the survival of wolf populations by teaching about wolves, their relationship to wildlands and the human role in their future.
All IWC employees are expected to represent IWC in the most positive manner with all members of IWC’s community and to interact effectively with IWC’s diverse group of staff, board members, volunteers, interns and partners. We expect all IWC employees to uphold the organizations mission, adhere to organizational standards of objectivity and scientific accuracy in all program activities, and handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
The Membership Engagement Specialist is responsible for supporting the Development department of the International Wolf Center by building and managing relationships with members and donors, supporting member/donor events, and assisting the Director of Communications and Engagement and the board Development Committee as needed on fundraising efforts. Often the first point of contact with the International Wolf Center, this position is responsible for maintaining positive verbal and written communication at all times. The Membership Engagement Specialist will also play a crucial role in office administration and occasionally customer-facing roles at the interpretive center.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Membership Engagement 50%
- Deepen and expand interaction between IWC and its members and donors.
- Answer and return calls and emails from members with questions or concerns
- Make follow up calls with members and donors to clarify gifts and to thank them for increased support
- Prepare and deliver board thank you notes, anniversary cards, etc…
- Maintain a working knowledge of IWC programs, wolf recovery issues and the IWC ambassador wolves in order to be able to discuss these topics with members.
- Greet and visit members as they arrive at the interpretive center.
- Assist with signing up new members at the interpretive center.
- Answer questions from prospective members when they arrive at the interpretive center.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications and Engagement to ensure year-round engagement and stewardship of individual donors.
- Help the communications team execute a messaging and communications strategy for building a sustained base of donors.
Ely Office Support – 25%
- Answer and respond to Ely general phone line calls and voicemails.
- Prepare invoices and expense vouchers for membership, building/operations and occasionally education programming and retail via Certify.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail. Open Interpretive Center correspondence. Date stamp mail and checks. Mail out appropriate routine and Twin Cities Administrative Office correspondence, membership information and general information on a timely basis.
- Inventory and order office supplies.
- Maximize efficient use of workspace, equipment and supplies including voice mail system and office phones.
- Prepare reports, letters, charts and other materials as needed.
- Operate within the confines of approved budgets- striving to optimize revenue and control expenses.
- Process and prepare daily bank deposits for admissions, membership, development, education and retail. Deposit monies.
- Other responsibilities as designated by the Interpretive Center Director.
Fundraising Support – 25%
- Provide fundraising support for Executive Director, Director of Communication and Engagement and Development Committee, including document creation, donor research and donor prep.
- Provide support for Ely-based special events, including Alpha Weekend, Blueberry Arts Festival, etc.
- Assist with updating the IWC online presence for membership and fundraising both on the IWC main website and other third-party sites.
- Two years’ membership, communications, or other relevant experience.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Enthusiasm for equity, inclusion, diversity, and access with an openness to learning.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, willing to handle concurrent tasks and make appropriate judgments and decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of nonprofit membership engagement and fundraising strategies.
- Experience working with a fundraising database.
- Maintain proficiency with the basic functions of email, web browsers, word processing software and spreadsheets.
- Able to sit for long periods, stand, walk on level surfaces and up and down stairs, and carry/lift up to 30 pounds
- Able to work occasional weekends and evenings to support member/donor events
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 10.
The International Wolf Center is hiring for a Retail Assistant.
Title: Retail Assistant
FLSA: Part-time Non-exempt
Supervised by: Guest Services Manager
Location: Ely, Minnesota
Hours: 20 hrs/week
The International Wolf Center (IWC) is an educational organization that works to advance the
survival of wolf populations by teaching about wolves, their relationship to wildlands and the
human role in their future.
All IWC employees are expected to represent IWC in the most positive manner with all members
of IWC’s community and to interact effectively with IWC’s diverse group of staff, board
members, volunteers, interns and partners. We expect all IWC employees to uphold the
organizations mission, adhere to organizational standards of objectivity and scientific accuracy in
all program activities, and handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
The Retail Assistant positively assists the Guest Services Manager in all aspects of the Guest
Services/Retail Department. Responsibilities include customer service in-person and over the
phone, administration duties such as submitting retail invoices and receiving product, occasional
work in the retail store and processing/shipping online retail orders.
APPLIES TO ALL EMPLOYEES
- Represent the International Wolf Center in the most positive manner with prospective,
former and current members, donors, visitors, vendors, organizations and agencies, and
the communities the organization serves.
- Interact effectively with a diverse group of staff, board members, volunteers, interns,
partner organizations, teachers and students.
- Learn and use the operating practices of the International Wolf Center.
- Uphold the organization’s mission.
- Adhere to organizational standards of objectivity and scientific accuracy in all program
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Guest Experience (70%):
- Ensure that the highest level of professionalism and exceptional customer service is
provided for all International Wolf Center visitors.
- Ensure prompt, active interaction with guests – including greeting, providing assistance,
answering questions and responding to complaints.
- Work in the retail store processing admissions, covering lunches, open shifts, as needed.
- Oversee and implement all aspects of the ecommerce sales fulfillment including orders, packaging and shipping.
- Assist with receiving products and inventory.
- Work with computer and online systems to support store operations, including the retail
- Maintain proficiency with the basic functions of email, web browsers, word processing
software and spreadsheets.
- Process and prepare daily bank deposits for admissions, membership, development,
education, and retail. Deposit monies.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (5%):
- Light custodial work as needed.
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Follows inventory and cash-handling policies and procedures as set forth by the Finance
- Perform calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and
- Positive attitude, out-going and goal-oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no restrictions other than corrective lenses
- Ability to lift and move 40 pounds, reach and bend.
- Exercises good judgment and able to work with minimal direction.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in POS systems.
- Experience in order fulfillment
- Knowledge of credit card processing and on-line retail management systems.
- Time management and administrative skills.
- Must be flexible, able to perform within a fast-paced changing environment, able to
multi-task and perform under deadlines.
- Must be able to work a variable work schedule including weekends and some holidays
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The International Wolf Center advances the survival of wolf populations by teaching about wolves, their relationship to wildlands and the human role in their future.