The Wolf Guardian sponsorship program provides annual support for the International Wolf Center’s ambassador wolves. The ambassador program is the foundation on which programming has been built to advance the survival of wolf populations by teaching about wolves, their relationship to wildlands and the human role in their future.
The most critical component of the wolf care program is the time and attention the team devotes to each wolf to assess and provide for their wellbeing. Care at this level also comes at a cost. The two largest and most important investments are employing an exceptional wolf care team and maintaining a facility that allows the freedom to maximize facility care and social relationships between individual wolves.
The Guardian program supplements the operating funds provided by the organization. The Center is also grateful for the wolf care support provided by Amazon wish list donors, in-kind donations and wolf care donation cards.
The 2023-2024 Guardian Sponsorships have been filled.
Annual Wolf Guardians (September 30, 2023 – October 31, 2024): $1,000
- 30 sponsorship opportunities available.
- No limited number of sponsors per wolf–Guardians may choose any wolf to sponsor.
- Guardians may also select more than one wolf, but no discounts apply to sponsor multiple wolves and full benefits for each wolf sponsored will be delivered.
- New Guardians receive a wolf bio for their sponsored wolf during the first quarter of their sponsorship.
- Welcome to the Guardian Program webinar via Zoom for all current Guardians.
- Will feature a short program and the opportunity to interact with the wolf curator and other Guardians.
- One individual video call with wolf care staff scheduled during your sponsorship year.
- Seasonal, digital photos of your wolf.
- An opportunity for a special event for up to six people with the option to participate virtually or in-person
- During this 1-hour event, wolf care team members will deliver an enrichment item to the ambassadors. If sponsors are virtual, they can send or request approved enrichment items that we may have in our freezer (we can send a list in advance). If sponsors are on-site, they can develop their own enrichment item that staff will approve and deliver to their sponsored wolf although it is likely all wolves will participate. The on-site opportunity will take place in the wolf yard, giving a special opportunity to photograph through one of the half gates.
- This opportunity must be scheduled in advance, by appointment only to ensure an optimal experience.
- In-person visits are typically scheduled between May and early August to minimize stress for our pack.
- Advance communication by the wolf care team of any significant life-changing events of your wolf prior to any public announcement (e.g., retirement).
- Listing as a Guardian in the International Wolf magazine.
The International Wolf Center advances the survival of wolf populations by teaching about wolves, their relationship to wildlands and the human role in their future.