If you are 70 1/2 or older and are looking for a way to make a big difference at the International Wolf Center, a tax-free IRA Charitable Rollover may be a great option for you. Rollovers like these help you lower your income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. This option allows you to support our mission and earn some tax benefits this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to the International Wolf Center. The IRA rollover allows donors 70 1/2 or older to directly transfer up to $100,000 from the IRA to charities such as the International Wolf Center each year.
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year. You choose the dollar amount or percentage that works for you.
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of the International Wolf Center
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us. Please request that your name be included with the transfer information so we are able to thank you for your gift.
- Plan administrators often ask for our Employer Identification Number (41-1543539). They also ask for our mailing address (7100 Northland Circle N., Ste. 205, Minneapolis, MN 55428).
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to the International Wolf Center to help us continue to educate the world about wolves.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact the Development Director at 763-560-7374, Ext. 230, if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
The International Wolf Center is a 501(c)(3) organization.