Connecting People with Wolves Using Technology
The International Wolf Center is proud to offer online curriculum resources for educators! Using the online platform Moodle, we offer one 10-hour courses that may be incorporated into your teaching as a supplement or as an entire unit of study.
- Programs feature access to real wolf experts
- Programs meet Minnesota education standards and international technology standards
- The lesson plans are designed to engage students in online discussions, lively presentations, independent study and assessments
- Programs are designed for high school level students
- Additional programs to be added in the future
Wolf Research Concepts
Audience: Grades 9 – 12
Discipline: Science, Technology
Hours of homework: minimum of 10*
Wolf research enables humans to better understand wolf behavior, ecology and conservation. During this course, your students will become familiar with a variety of tools that researchers use to study wolves. Using Web 2.0 tools, students will complete this 10-hour plus course using a minimum of three Web 2.0 tools such as Prezi, Google Apps or Animoto, including a discussion forum where assignments will be posted and reviewed by their peers.
For more information, email programs or call 218-365-4695.