Date: August 3, 2019
Time: Saturday, 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. CDT
Registration Deadline: July 20, 2019
Program Rates: Non-member $40, Member $35
Are you interested in science, biology or working with wildlife? Join our Wildlife Career Day and meet local biologists and others who work with wildlife. You’ll get a special behind the scenes tour to learn more about our wolves and even create an enrichment activity for our wolves to try! Wrap-up your day by watching our wolves be fed their weekly meal at What’s for Dinner?
Click to download important program details [PDF] (cancellation policy, details on activities, meals and transport, packing
list and sample itinerary) Download and return the registration and liability form for each participant.
Minimum Age: 12 years old*
Location: International Wolf Center
Minimum # of participants: 4
Maximum # of participants: 14
*Note: if you are a parent or guardian of a child between the ages of 12-18, and wish to attend this program with your child, you must pay the program fee.
Activity Level: LOW – Participating in demonstrations and lessons. Some light hiking may be involved.
Note: Itinerary is subject to change, and outdoor hikes and activities may vary with weather conditions
Saturday – August 3, 2019
- 7:30 a.m. – Arrival at the International Wolf Center
- 8:00 a.m. – Introductions, expectations, and itinerary review.
- 8:30 a.m. – Spend your morning meeting with professionals in a variety of fields, both on and off site.
- 11:00 a.m. – Build a wolf enrichment activity for our ambassador wolves.
- 12:00 p.m. – Watch your enrichment activity in action as wolf care staff put it in for the wolves!
- 12:30 p.m. – Lunch on-site
- 1:00 p.m. – Continue your afternoon meeting with more professionals of the natural resources.
- 4:00 p.m. – Take a quick break to explore the Center’s exhibits, before joining wolf care staff in a behind0-the-scenes tour.
- 5:30 p.m. – Enjoy an evening in town on your own. Find a delicious dinner or do a little shopping.
- 6:45 p.m. – Return to the International Wolf Center for our What’s for Dinner? feeding program and watch our ambassador wolves feed on their dinner.
- 8:00 p.m. – Program wrap up. Discuss career paths, career prep, education, and ways to stay connected!