Program Rates: Non-member $275, Member $250
Registration Deadline: August 28, 2020
Join us for a fun, relaxing weekend learning about wolves and the northwoods while enjoying the company of women who have the same hectic routine as you! Slow it down for the weekend, enjoy some wine and cheese as we gather at the Northern Tier High Adventure Canoe Base. Participate in a weekend full of canoeing, radio telemetry, and trekking through the beautiful northwoods! Enjoy everything the wilderness has to offer on this outdoor adventure!
Download important program details [PDF] (cancellation policy, details on lodging, meals and transport, packing list and sample itinerary and Required Health Form)
Minimum Age: 21
Location: International Wolf Center
Minimum # of participants: 4
Maximum # of participants: 18
Activity Level: Moderate. Includes some outdoor activity such as hiking on uneven terrain and canoeing.
- Camaraderie with other women while learning about wolves and the northwoods ecology
- All meals included
- Lodging in the Center’s auditorium and in rustic cabins at Northern Tier High Adventure Canoe Base
- Canoe training by Northern Tier Staff
- Introduction to Radio Telemetry (Some field work included!)
- Wine and Cheese sessions each evening!
- An unforgettable experience in the northwoods of Ely Minnesota!
Note: This program has many outdoor activities. Dress appropriately for the weather and be sure to bring warm layers of clothing, as well as bedding for your cabin.
Note that outdoors hikes and activities vary with weather conditions and temperature.
Friday, September 11, 2020
Receive free admission to the International Wolf Center. Use this time for self-guided exploration of the Wolves and Humans and Little Wolf exhibits, watch a wolf-themed documentary in the theater, participate in a daily program or enjoy watching our ambassador pack of gray wolves. The Center is open Friday at 10:00 a.m.
- 4:00 p.m. – Meet in classroom for introductions and expectations for this weekend program
- 5:00 p.m. – Depart for Northern Tier High Adventure Canoe Base
- 5:30 p.m. – Dinner at Northern Tier
- 8:30 p.m. – Enjoy wine, cheese and refreshments
- 10:00 p.m. – Settle into your cabins for the night
Saturday, September 12, 2020
- 7:30 a.m. – Start your day with a hot breakfast at Northern Tier
- 9:00 a.m. – Discuss wolf research and radio telemetry before taking a short hike in search of a wolf’s radio signal.
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch at Northern Tier
- 1:00 p.m. – Spend the afternoon canoeing on beautiful Moose Lake
- 4:00 p.m. – Depart for dinner at a local restaurant
- 6:00 p.m. – Get ready to learn about predator/prey relationships during our weekly “What’s for Dinner?” program at the International Wolf Center
- Enjoy wine and cheese after dinner
- 9:00 p.m. – Settle in for a slumber party style overnight in the International Wolf Center’s observation area
Sunday, September 13, 2020
- 7:30 a.m. – Continental breakfast at the International Wolf Center
- 8:00 a.m. – Pack up belongings and wrap up our adventure
- Program concludes at approximately 9:00 a.m.